312 Monmouth Avenue - Durham, NC 27701
- Charming vintage home in the sought-after area known as "Old North Durham”
- This home lives large!
- Set on a lovely lot with huge old shade trees and a variety of flowering trees & shrubs; the mammoth pin oak in the back yard is a real treasure
- Big front Porch can accommodate rocking chairs & a table for enjoying your morning coffee or dining outside; provides a comfortable place to relax or visit with neighbors during the day or in the evening
- There are refinished oak floors throughout all living rooms & hall, and new vinyl in the kitchen, bath & enclosed porch; fresh paint adorns the walls & ceilings; there are thermal-pane replacement windows (original windows remain in enclosed porch)
- Focal point of spacious Living Room is attractive wood burning fireplace with pretty mantle, tile hearth & brick surround
- Dining Room is open to Living Room and features an original light fixture with handing glass pendant
- Kitchen has ample cabinet storage & work space, room for a breakfast table, and new counter top, tile backsplash, stainless-steel sink & faucet
- Door from Kitchen leads to enclosed Sun Porch which also serves as Utility Room with washer & dryer
- Bungalow style features an open center hall with quaint telephone niche, adds to home's spacious feeling
- 2 good sized bedrooms, each with two windows; one has two closets & features a pretty, original light fixture
- Updated Bathroom includes a pedestal sink & resurfaced tub/shower with tile surround
- Pull-down stairs to floored attic storage with gable vent fan
- Outside is a covered lower patio area which offers great storage or work space; a door accesses tall crawl space with large concrete floored area & work bench; there is additional storage beneath the enclosed porch
- This home offers private driveway parking and additional street parking
- Located in the area affectionately know as "Old North Durham" on a quiet tree lined street; close to DPAC and everything downtown, walking distance to Old North Durham City Park & Durham Athletic Park convenient to both of Duke University’s campuses and several hospitals, easy access to I-85, Hwy 147/Durham Freeway and RTP
UPDATES per Seller include: Interior paint on walls, ceilings & trim, oak floors refinished, all vinyl flooring, kitchen counter top & tile backsplash, stainless steel sink & faucet, bath tub & toilet bowl resurfaced, heat pump part (thinks is motor);"Goodman" heat pump; replacement windows with insulated glass; toilet, bathroom sink & faucet
THEY DON’T BUILD ‘EM LIKE THEY USED TO! This home features cast iron drain pipes, copper supply pipes, diagonal subflooring (instead of the plywood used today), and full brick exterior! Other period details include glass-knob door hardware, lockset at kitchen door, several interesting light fixtures, and of course the beautiful fireplace!
NOTES: Gas range in the kitchen, washer & dryer on the sun porch, fireplace screen & tools in living room, and sump pump in the crawl space are included; remaining furniture and items in attic will be removed prior to closing. Structure appears to be in very good condition; roof appears to be quite old. Property to be sold “AS-IS”. Above ground oil storage tank beneath sun porch is no longer used.
WARRANTY: Seller will provide a 1-year American Home Shield Warranty at closing!
17 x 13
9 x 8
14 x 9
13 x 11
11 x 10
13 x 8
26 x 7
Concrete pad in Crawl Space
26 x 13
Covered Lower Patio Area
17 x 5