2409 Barrymore Avenue - Durham, NC 27705
Solid well built home incorporates mid-century design with traditional features set on 1.6 acre lot.
Past renovations further opened living areas.
Offers all conveniences of in-town Durham close to I-85 access yet includes its own nature park-like setting with small creek at the back, lovely for private walks!
Recent updates: most window blinds replaced in 2017, new roof in 2015, dishwasher, washing machine; Past updates per seller include thermal pane windows, insulation added, total kitchen remodel, new 6-panel interior doors, electrical wiring & recessed lighting, plumbing and more.
- Solid well-built full brick home displays its mid-century origins beneath a major 1997 renovation which further opened the living areas and resulted in a bright, open design with versatile spaces
- Oak floors in entry, dining room, great room, halls and all 3 bedrooms; smooth ceilings and crown molding
- One enters through a full-glass front door, the left side open to the Dining Room which is defined by a square column and open at 2 walls yet offers plenty of wall space for formal furniture if desired
- The focal point of the large Living Room is a solid-mass brick wall with Fireplace opening and wood storage or art display cubby, the fireplace wood burning although convenient gas logs are in place; a low-pitch cathedral ceiling completes this attractive mid-century feature
- Completely open to the living room is a Study with a wall of built-in storage, work top and desks; this spacious area can function as a large Dining Room or be used to create a very large Great Room; a wall of full- glass doors adds to the openness of this space
- Kitchen offers good cabinet storage, counter top space and an eat-in area; all kitchen appliances convey as does the washer & dryer
- Laundry Room also serves as side entry off driveway, has storage cabinets and a window
- Good-sized Master Bedroom features a row of 3 windows set high enough that furniture placement is not compromised, includes a walk-in closet, and accesses a private full-bath with shower
- Two more bedrooms share a full bath with tub/shower combo; this bath features tiled walls as well as tub surround and is in perfect condition for the mid-century purist--it appears that the tile flooring may continue beneath the updated sink vanity if one wishes to retro fit
- There is also a large hall storage closet, a coat closet opposite the back full-glass single door, and a large exterior storage alcove
- Set amid a large nature-park-like oasis in the middle of town, an easy walking path leads to the wooded section of this property which includes a small creek at the back corner; other than city ordinances there are no restrictive covenants to limit your possibilities, and no HOA dues!
- Located close to I-85 access and convenient to all areas of Durham including Duke and VA hospitals, both Duke campuses, nearby Costco and other shopping, and Eno River State Park and Westpoint on the Eno City Park of Durham.
Laundry Room/Side Entrance
Exterior Storage Alcove