3527 Racine Street - Durham, NC 27707
IS THIS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR? One-level home offers large rooms, good interior daylight and a lovely in-town setting.
THE PARTIAL SOLAR ARRAY greatly reduces energy purchased to run this home. Other than a nominal monthly fee from the power company, there are several months in summer when this home uses none of the grid's power and the seller pays for zero power consumption. Through the remainder of the year the power bill is lower based on lower power consumption purchased due to the portion of energy which is created on site at this home. Amazing!
UPDATES: 2016 new gutter guards; 2015 in December solar panels installed, bonus room tile & kitchen cork flooring added; 2013 main HVAC unit replaced; 2012 & 2015 two commodes replaced, one with soft close seat; 2011 Pella steel entry doors front & back installed; 2008 in December cellulose ceiling insulation added in attic; 2004 in December ductwork replaced for both systems
FIXTURES & UPGRADES: Solid Maple cabinetry in master bathroom; “Bosch” dishwasher, “Jenn-Air” solid surface self-clean downdraft range; Energy Efficient “State” 50 gallon water heater with flood alarm detector; both HVAC units are “Carrier”, one serves master bedroom & bath and wide back hall, and main unit serves remaining areas and features UV-light air purifier; Pella sliding full length glass door with self-contained mini blind; 30-year shingle roof (installed 2003) with gutter guards which are said to handle pine needles too; Automatic close foundation vents
HOME WARRANTY: Seller will provide an American Home Shield Warranty to protect buyer for one full year after closing!
- Full brick one-level “ranch” home offers large rooms, good interior daylight, lovely in-town setting and added bonus of reduced energy consumption & cost savings from partial solar array (panels on roof)
- Convenient circular driveway; Front Entry includes a handy coat closet
- Oak floors in all living areas and 3 bedrooms, tile in bonus room and baths, eco-friendly cork flooring in kitchen, and carpet in master bedroom; excellent storage throughout
- Large Living Room runs full depth of home, includes space for dining table at one end with double windows overlooking pretty back yard
- Focal point of Family Room is the brick masonry Fireplace with custom mantle; Family Room opens to Kitchen over dining bar
- Kitchen offers great cabinet storage and counter top space, the dining bar, a pantry closet plus a wonderful large walk-in pantry with utility sink, and door to backyard
- Large Bonus Room includes a wall of cabinets, storage closet, and its own Full Bath with shower; this room receives light from a sliding glass door with mini-blinds set between the insulated glass and high set windows which enable lots of wall space beneath
- Good-sized Master Bedroom features ample double closets and a private Full Bath with tub/shower and linen closet; a wide hall with window and big storage closet accesses the master suite
- The large 4th Bedroom or Study near the master suite is also accessed off this hall
- The 3rd & 2nd Bedrooms, each also very large, are just across the main hall from a spacious Full Bath with tub/shower unit
- Set amid a lovely oasis right in town, featuring an herb garden, colorful flowering shrubs and bulbs, big mature trees, and natural wooded buffers at sides and rear; convenient circular driveway
- Great central location close to schools, downtown Durham, both Duke University campuses, Duke & VA hospitals, numerous local restaurants, and South Point Mall; easy access for quick commute to RTP or Raleigh
- Other than city ordinances there are no restrictive covenants to limit your possibilities and NO HOA dues!
8 x 5
Living /Dining Room
27 x 13
18 x 12
20 x 11
17 x 9
15 x 12
14 x 10
12 x 11
Bedroom 4 or Study
13 x 11
24 x 12
Attached Exterior Storage
20 x 5